Our club was established on September 21, 1937, by 107 local sportsmen who came together as "Charter Members" to form the West Chester Fish & Game Association, Inc. from the "West Chester Anglers' Club". In 1989 the Executive Committee approved changing the name to the current West Chester Fish, Game & Wildlife Association, Inc. to attract more conservation-minded people. The IRS approved our organization as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt entity in 1992.
The association's first, formal program was the stocking of the Brandywine River in September of 1937 with 2,200 fingerling bass. This, along with subsequent stockings, resulted in the Brandywine becoming one of the finest bass fisheries in this part of the country in its day.
The State of Pennsylvania began stocking trout in West Valley Creek in March of 1938. In 1941 we purchased trout for the club's first member-supported stocking of West Valley Creek. The routine raising and stocking of trout by our members started in 1964. Our present nursery was established in 1971 and has undergone significant improvements and modernization over the years. Today, funded solely by our club and operated by club member volunteers, we annually raise over 3,000 trout in our nursery and stock them in West Valley Creek.
Copyright © 2008-2013 West Chester Fish, Game & Wildlife Association. All Rights Reserved.